Important local information to enhance your stay including nearby attractions surrounding Leslie Castle Guesthouse / Holiday Home.
- There is lovely Picture gallery and framers in Leslie village. Turn right out of the Castle and follow the road into Leslie and turn left past the old church.
- Insch airfield is a short walk away, left from the Castle where microlighters and light aircraft have a clubhouse.
- Dunnydeer hillfort ruin by Insch can be seen on a hill to the north from the Castle and is easily accessed, head out of Insch on Western Road to a small carpark on the left. After a short but steep climb you will be rewarded with great views of the surrounding countryside.
- The local hillwalking favourite Bennachie can be accessed from the Back of Bennachie Forest walks carpark: turn left and follow the road straight at the crossroads in Auchleven/Premnay and on towards Oyne, a 10-minute drive away.
- There is a newly refurbished pub in Auchleven/Premnay called the New Moon Bar, about 1 ½ miles away. It is open Thursday through Sunday evenings with occasional live music nights.
- For a “lil” taste of the USA there is a great all-American BBQ restaurant in Oyne called Lil’Cs BBQ. Whilst Insch offers several take-aways eg Fast Frys for Fish & Chips and Café Mint Indian or Rainbow Chinese takeaways.
- The nearest supermarket is the Co-op in Insch, AB52 6JB, which is a 10-minute drive away and open to 10pm every day. All the major shops and supermarkets and petrol stations are available in Inverurie, eg Morrisons, Tesco, M&S etc.